sekedar pet crepet

Friday, September 05, 2008

It’s not easy to change daily habit

I live at Antwerp now. It seems as a one of big city in Belgium. As I predicted before, there are several major difference in term of regulations and the way of life comparing the ones in Indonesia. The simplest thing is which side you could drive in a road. In my whole life, since childhood, we drive, ride a bike, and even walk in a left side of road. This custom of course has been attached in my mind.

In the first day of arrival in Brussel, I learned that people have different convention here. Yes, they use right side of the road.

I have neither car nor bike, so walking is becoming the only choice. Sure, there are trams and buses. However, every substantial thing could be reached by foot. During the walk, I should across several small and large streets. Here is the problem.

I used to turn my head to right side first, then to the left. When it is safe, I across the road. Due to the difference custom in driving side, we must turn our head to the left first. I am trying to remember it whenever I get out from my house. But, it is not always well done. Even it is my tenth day in Antwerp.

2 Comments:

  • Whoaa...!!! Keep posting Bro! And give us pictures as well! Buy a "Kodak" and post them here!

    By Blogger Adhi Widjajanto, At 11:44 AM  

  • Hai Bagus,

    main ke Jerman! kalau ada rejenki aku juga pengen tuh main ke Belgi. Bisa jadi tuan rumah dong ya! (maksa):)

    By Blogger Unknown, At 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home